Wednesday 19 April 2017

[Day 5] Laos march 2017 - Exploring the unexplored of the town @ Luang Prabang, Laos

Sabaidee!!

Good morning, it's the 5th day at Luang Prabang, Laos and I woke up pretty early as I planned to head to the the morning market for some "look-around". The sun rises at approximately 6am everyday here at Luang Prabang and it's pretty chilly so do bring along a jacket along when you walk out on the streets here before the sun-rise.

Here's some picture of the place below,


There is a morning market right at the center of Luang Prabang which I decided to take a stroll around it in the morning. Here at the market, you'll find various different types of local delicacies which I really like. Let me take you through of my experience there :)





The morning market was very clean and organize unlike my expectations of market which I have back home.



Hot and fresh homemade sausages




Bought back some fried pork meats and sausages for breakfast


RECOMMENDED!!!
This "fried pancake" looking food is surprising very good! It contain nuts inside the flour which compliments the outer layer very well. Do try it if you drop by the market :) (And there's only 1 stall selling this =P)



Some "exotic-ness" - cockroach, worms, etc...



Fruits in a basket





Dried/ Salted fish




Blueberries





BBQ Banana can also be found here in the market as it's one of their delicacies. Do try some when you drop by! Their banana is very different from what we have back home in Malaysia. Try it to know it :)


BBQ Honey comb





If you're looking for some souvenirs to get back home, here's a good place to buy!







After the "morning walk" at the market, I've brought back some food back to my guesthouse to go with my breakfast






It was a rainy day here today, I slept in throughout and went for dinner nearby my guesthouse on this day.




Pork Knuckle dish

An unique pork knuckle that's cooked in fragrant broth. I personally find this dish was just "okay", don't really like the taste of it as it as a mixture of sour, sweet and spicy to it. But hey! It's just my personal opinion :) Never regret trying it nevertheless! :)

Khao Piak

A local delicacies which you'll find it very common here in Luang Prabang, Laos. Basically it is noodle soup with thich handmade rice flour noodles and delicious broth. However, at every eatery you visit, there will be a slight different in terms of their broth depending on the cook's preference. Some may be a little spicy, some may not. Do have a try when you are here!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Thien Nguyen from Vietnam. Thanks so much for your sharing. It's very interesting and useful. When planning to visit Sapa, Vietnam - a poetic spot in the northern part of the country, remember to try out all these delicious Sapa food. The delicious food here can satisfy any gourmet.

    Hope to see you soon in Vietnam!

    ReplyDelete

Ramadhan Buffet 2019 @ Ibis Styles Hotels, Kuala Lumpur

Once again Ramadhan is around the corner! If you're looking for a great place with good food to celebrate this festive season, look no...